We rely on our volunteers to run MI-AMTE. Below is a list of some of those currently serving. Thanks to them for their time and commitment.
2019 Conference Committee
Plans and oversees all aspects of the annual MI-AMTE conference.
- Eric Mann, Hope College, Chair
- Carla Tayeh, Eastern Michigan University, Co-Chair
- Kristen Bieda, Michigan State University, Board liaison
Nominations and Elections Committee
Solicits candidates for the Board of Directors and conducts elections.
- Nesrin Cengiz-Phillips, University of Michigan Dearborn, Chair (2016 - 2019)
- Darlene Kohrman, Kalamazoo Valley Community College (2017 - 2020)
Ensures that all revenues and expenditures of the organization are in conformity with the Constitution, Bylaws, and policies of MI-AMTE.
- Heather Holshoe, Jackson County ISD (2017-2020)
- Shari McCarthy, Aquinas College (2018-2021)
- Judith Jacobs, Ex Officio
Communications and Connections Committee
Oversees the organization's website and other forms of communication; establishes and maintains connections with other organizations in the state.
- Andrea Pisani, Washtenaw Community College (2016 - 2019)
- José Manuel Martínez, Michigan State University, Webmaster (2016 - 2019)
Oversees the membership of MI-AMTE.
- Mark Hoover, University of Michigan, Co-chair (2016 - 2019)
- Diane Rogers, Kalamazoo RESA, Co-chair (2016 - 2019)
- Yamamah Sawalha, Wayne State University (2018-2021)
- Asli Koca, Wayne State University, Board liaison (2016 - 2019)
- Corey Drake, Michigan State University, Chair (2017 - 2019)
- John Gruver, Michigan Technological University (2017 - 2021 or 2020 - tbd)
- Erin Militzer, Ferris State University (2017 - 2020 or 2021 - tbd)
- Lenuel Hernandez, Wayne State University (2017 - 2020)
- Matt Wyneken, University of Michigan-Flint, Board liaison